Download Link Fixed

Downloading IMLocation hasn’t been working for several weeks(!!).

I have been using a semi-automated process to package IMLocation up on a .dmg and release it. The scripts had been working unchanged for about a year, but after I made some changes to the IMLocation Xcode project, they didn’t work correctly anymore. Everything appeared to build, but the .dmg on my website was corrupt.

I discovered the problem, because the number of downloads in my server logs did not match the bandwidth used.

This is entirely my fault for not doing an end to end test, to make sure that the final bits on my website were correct.

Lesson learned.

–Vincent

Advertisements
Explore posts in the same categories: Announcement, Bug Bite

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: